Tobacco Free Northeast PA Coalition
The Northeast Health District Tobacco Coalition is coordinated by Tobacco Free Northeast PA. Coalition members meet twice yearly to discuss local strategies and accomplishments. The Coalition is divided into three local workgroups who meet in conference calls or in person at least four times a year. Local workgroups identify local needs and resources to accomplish their goals.
- Provide input for productive decision making
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Provide a venue for discussion and member feedback
- Identify community partners and resources to engage in joint programs around chronic disease health risk reduction.
- Create community partnerships for mutual benefit
- Facilitate tobacco treatment and chronic disease prevention bi-directional cross referral
- Encourage insurance policy change for barrier-free access to tobacco treatment