Designed to provide you with strategies to help your patients quit using tobacco, Every Smoker, Every Time is an online learning activity that can be completed from the convenience of your home or office. Successful completion of Every Smoker, Every Time is worth one AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit. Participants must score a minimum of 80% to receive this credit. Please download the complete webinar description for more information about claiming CME.
Information on the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Fax to Quit Program:
All healthcare providers currently enrolled in the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Fax to Quit Program are encouraged to complete the Every Smoker, Every Time Webinar and a webinar training on how to complete the fax referral form. Please click here for the webinar on completing the fax referral form.
If you are interested in participating in the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Fax to Quit program please use this link to obtain an overview of the program and instructions on how to enroll.
Free trainings offered in the Northeast Health District in the counties of Carbon, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monore, Northampton, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
Every Smoker, Every Time - onsite training
Educational Objectives: Upon completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Expalin current guidelines on Smoking Cessation Intervention
- Describe the complexity of smoking behavior
- Describe tobacco as an addictive model
- Provide a brief intervention with patients who use tobacco using the 5A's
- Discuss smoking cessation interventions
- Summarize appropriate cessation pharmacotherapy
- A healthcare provider training program for private practice staff or hospital staff unit to learn effective brief intervention strategies for patients and where to refer them to treatment services.
- How to provide brief, effective tobacco interventions for patients
One PSNA contact hour
Dental Hygiene continuing education credits with advance request
Tobacco Dependancy Training for counselors
For professionals who will provide tobacco treatment services (social workers, behavioral health workers, etc.)
- Interactive skill-building training in tobacco education, effective counseling strategies, pharmaceutical monitoring
- Four hour duration; PCB credits with advance request
Keep Us Healthy – for day care and community employees who work with parents
- Education on the harmful effects of secondhand smoke and how to motivate parents to protect their children. One hour duration.
- Act 48 contact hours with advance request
PAcAARds! is a bi-directional training program for diabetes and tobacco treatment professionals, contact us for information