Local tobacco treatment services:
Please email us or call 866-974-QUIT for more information.
PA FREE QUITLINE 1-800-QUIT NOW (784-8669)
Libérese del Tobaco 1-855-DEJELO-YA (355-3569)
- Professional telephone counseling to help you quit tobacco
- Ongoing support and resources
- Up to eight weeks of free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) patches for participants who are medically eligible
NCI QuitPal App
The NCI QuitPal app is now available for download on iTunes!
About the QuitPal App
NCI QuitPal is a free smartphone app to support smokers working to become smoke-free. This interactive app is developed using proven quit
strategies and tools to help change behavior and assist you with giving up smoking.
- Set a quit date, financial goals, and reminders
- Track daily smoking habits with an easy-to-use calendar
- See graphs tracking money saved and number of packs not smoked
- Receive health milestones and craving tips to stay motivated
- Connect with social networks to give milestone updates
- Create a video diary, and watch personalized video messages from loved ones
- Access NCI’s Cancer Information Service by toll-free phone line or live chat
NCI QuitPal was developed by the National Cancer Institute using the latest evidence-based smoking cessation methods and behavior change theory.
... is a comprehensive Web site with one-stop access to the best and most up-to-date tobacco-related information. You will find information on tobacco as well as federal and state laws and policies, health statistics, and information on quitting tobacco and youth prevention education. Accessible from smart phones, tablets, and desktops, the dashboard, “Say it - Share it,” provides real-time updates from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, infographics, and podcasts.
How Much Is A Life Worth? The Truth About Tobacco
Tips from other smokers: Tips from other smokers:
“Help for women who are pregnant and smoking.” www.pregnets.org
- Within 20 minutes of quitting your blood pressure and pulse rate drops to normal.
- In just 8 hours oxygen level increases to normal and carbon monoxide level decreases to normal
- Within 2 days your ability to smell and taste improve.
- In 5 years lung cancer death rate and stroke risk are greatly reduced.
“Quit with us, don’t do it alone. Quit aides AND counseling double your chance of success.”
Price Checker - A website for consumers that compares prices of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) products.
determinedtoquit.com - A website with tips on quitting tobacco by the PA Department of Health
tobaccofreekids.org - Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
cdc.gov/tobacco - Center for Disease Control, Office on Smoking or Health
portal.health.state.pa.us - PA Department of Health, Clean Indoor Air
fda.gov/TobaccoProducts - The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, commonly referred to as the Tobacco Control Act
|Varenicline Should Be Used as a First-Line Treatment to Help Smokers With Mental Illness QuitPDF|
|Smoking Causes ... PDF|
|Cost of Smoking PDF|
|Dealing with Quitting PDF|
|Nicotine Replacement Therapy Labels May Change PDF|